What to look for when choosing an internet marketing affiliate program. Internet offers some great opportunities when it comes to selling products online.
Profit margins are much higher when selling products online, something that leaves more money for marketing. That is why I urge you to promote virtual products, commission on virtual products is 40-60% compared to retail products of 3-15%.
- Does the affiliate program give you commission on future sales or only the first sale.
- Two-Tier programs increase your profit potential. Some programs give commission of referred affiliates.
- The best internet marketing programs have great tools to aid you in your success. Affiliates should be provided with regular newsletters with information on what is working for successful affiliates. You should also be provided with keyword lists and marketing materials such as banners.
- The higher the commission, the less customers you will need to refer. Affiliate programs that only give a few dollars demand that you have a lot of traffic.
- Uniqueness, go for products that are unique. If your site is about music, don’t promote CD stores. Perhaps go for an e-book about how to make it in music. Electronic products have a way higher profit margin, thus greater commission.
- Your affiliate provider must give you good statistics. You must know the % of clicks that turns into sales. In other words the convert rate. The amount of clicks (customers) that turns into sales.
- Its a real bonus if a tracking cookie is set when the customer visit the site using your link. That way if the customer comes back at a later time you will still get a commission.
- You should be paid at least once a month. And make sure to do a check on Google to see if affiliates have problems getting paid.
Places to start looking for affiliate programs.
For electronic products check ClickBank.com for retail products check affiliate-program.amazon.com and shareasale.com